Sunday, February 21, 2010

Colour Cards

Colour cards are great!  Not just for accurate colour but for getting to feel the yarn.  I think most of the yarn I buy is from my LYS (local yarn store), so I'm also a big fan of spending way too long wandering around in there enjoying the eye-candy and feeling yarn.  But I also like to buy yarn on-line on occasion, and the colours on screen don't always match the actual yarn colour -- how could they?  A few Knit Picks colour cards just arrived and I'm planning to collect more.




This week my sample card from the UK (Garthenor Organic Pure Wool) also arrived!  There is a great thread on Ravelry about how we should be more aware of the importance of supporting diversity of sheep.  Merino yarn is so popular right now, I love it too, but other breeds are at risk.  Some breeders are dedicated to the survival of rare breeds.  Garthenor Organic Pure Wool is just one of these.  The have a great page with photos and descriptions of the different sheep they breed.  I'm definitely going to buy some of their yarn soon.


The samples come in a little booklet with about 80 different yarns.


No comments:

Post a Comment