Friday, February 19, 2010

Nancy Pygora-Merino Lace Scarf

I've been working on this scarf for a while.  It's for Mom, I think she'll like it.  The pattern is from "Luxury Yarn One-Skein Wonders: 101 Small Indulgences", but this isn't a one-skein scarf -- which might be because I'm not using the Pygora-Merino yarn.  I'm using Knit Picks Palette in the colour currant.  It's a very nice yarn, perfect for this scarf.

In an earlier edition of this book there was an error in the chart for this pattern, and there are corrected charts available.  They must have corrected it in the edition of the book that I have.

The pattern involves a 36 row repeat, each RS row is different so it requires some attention!  Discovering an error usually occurs 2 rows later (after completing the row with the error, plus the WS purl row, plus part of the next RS row where I run into something that is clearly not right).  On one occasion I didn't notice until 4 rows later and for that one I removed the needles and ripped back to the beginning of the error row, then carefully pulled out that row, catching the stitches one at a time, putting me back at the end of the previous WS purl row

One skein of the Palette completed 8 repeats.  I'm aiming for 12 repeats, and I'm working on the 11th one, so I'm almost done!  The scarf has a nice moss stitch border.  Can't wait to see what it looks like after blocking!

1 comment: